Many people dream of owning their own business, but somehow they never get started. There always seems to be an excuse.
But the truth is, many times we don’t get started because we have some sort of limiting belief that we picked up when we were young, that’s holding us back. I wrote a blog post about our subconscious mind and how our limiting beliefs can hold us back. See it here.
Here's a video that might help:
Here are a few of the things that might hold you back, but keep in mind that with a little effort, all of them can be overcome:
1. You don’t have the money – Yes, you do need money to start up a business. But most times a home business requires a small amount – anywhere from $45.00 – $400.00 – much less than a brick and mortar business. Maybe you can have a yard sale, or sell some things on eBay, or even borrow from a family member. Keep in mind that you might need less than you think to get started; you can always start small and scale up when the profits start coming.
2. You don’t have an education – Many people assume you need a degree in business to run one, but that’s just not true. It does help to have a general understanding of business, management, and finance, but you can educate yourself on these things. There are many resources available to help you learn what you need:
• Most home businesses come with a person who will sponsor you into the business and will be there by your side to help you achieve success. The cool thing about most home businesses is if you’re successful, your mentor will be as well.
• There are many blogs and websites with all sorts of information to help you achieve success.
• There are still libraries with lots of books to help you, as well as local business seminars and continuing education classes at your local community college.
3. There are too many competitors – Yes, there may be many people out there also selling what you’re looking to sell. But don’t let that stop you. I have found that every person has their own sphere of influence and there are plenty of people in the world who need your product or service. At one time, 8 of my top 10 Representatives all lived in a very small town. It was amazing that they didn’t constantly trip over each other, but there really was enough to go around!
4 – You don’t know how to market – Don’t let this scare you. There are many ways to market and many resources such as listed above to help you. Learn how to market yourself on social media and blogging. If you join our team, we will teach you how to market online and become the “hunted” rather than the “hunter”.
5. You’re afraid of risk – Unfortunately you can’t avoid risk. It’s everywhere, and in today’s market you’re not even safe in a corporate job. Home businesses are designed to minimize your risk. The entry fee is very low, and you’ll have a team of people ready and able to help you be successful. And you’ll be doing something you love, have flexible hours and the opportunity to make more money than you ever have before!
You see I'm a firm believer that you can get ANYTHING you want to in life. You can become ANYTHING you want to in life.
If you tell yourself that you can't be successful at a home business or that only people that are smart or have money can do it… well that's your problem right there. You have sabotaged yourself before you even get started!
And for those of you that are part of the millions who would like to start a Home Business you may want to check out a Simple System you can follow that will help you get that start I highly recommend checking out…
…fill out the form below, and follow the simple steps. It's working for me, and thousands of others out there online.
And, if you already have a business you’re happy with, I will still cheer you on!
<—— Did this article help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below! I would LOVE to know more about you and your thoughts on this subject!
Let’s have some conversation!
By Lynn Huber
p.s. If you have something you want to accomplish, “Do or do not.” If you decide to choose “do”, then get started moving forward and leave “trying” behind in the dust where it belongs.
|Want more tips and trainings?
Get Lose Your Alarm Clock and Fire Your Boss…
Here’s How I did it and YOU Can To!
If you are happy in a business, that is great. If you are looking for the right business with a marketing system already in place that works; the right mentor; something you can build online, I would love to share what I am doing with you. Click here and let’s explore the possibilities.